How do I know if my system is infected
- Computer crashes, stops responding or freezes up often.
- Slow access to the internet browser even while you are not performing other tasks.
- Virus scanner crashes and cannot be started again.
- You are no longer able to visit Antivirus websites.
- Hard drive has no more space; you can't find the files that use up all the disk space.
- Computer system all of a sudden attempts to connect Internet.
- Applications on your computer do not work correctly.
- Disks or disk drives are not accessible.
- You see unusual error messages.
- Running out of Windows "resources" message displays.
- Your mail server is extremely busy processing outgoing mail.
- Nightly incremental backups are unusually large.
- New user accounts are created automatically without approval.
- A server (web/ftp/mail) keeps crashing for no reason.
Types of Computer Infections
A virus is a small piece of software that hijacks real programs or is a small executable file itself. For example, a virus might attach itself to a program such as a Microsoft word. Each time the program runs, the virus runs too, and it has the chance to reproduce (by attaching to other programs) or wreak disaster. Computer Highway can remove such infections.
Spyware is a piece of software that gathers information about a person or business without their knowledge, they send such information to another person without the users consent, or that asserts control over a computer without the consumer's knowledge, commonly they use this information to display advertisements.
Named after the Trojan Horse of ancient Greek history, a Trojan horse is a remotely controlled software designed to remain hidden on an installed machine. Trojans generally serve malicious purposes such as stealing information, attacking a machine, and are therefore a form of a virus or spyware.
Malware, alias for malicious (or malevolent) software, is software used or created by attackers to disrupt computer operation, gather private information, or gain access to private computer machines. It can appear in the form of code, scripts, active content, and other software. Malware in brief is a variety of hostile or intrusive software.
We have listed the most common types of computer infections, however there are computer infections such as; Keyloggers, Boot-sector viruses, worms, and many more. Computer Highway can remove all computer infections.